Saturday, August 31, 2013

Arrived Nice, Saturday, 31.08.2013

The ride from Frejus to Nice was spectacular. There were parts which reminded me of  Zion NP, Sausalito, and highway 1. This is apparently a very popular cycling route, though not the one most long distance cyclists use; it's quite hilly in parts. There were bits which I'd have loved to photograph but there was just no good place to pull over safely.

I was passed by relatively few cars. I'd have expected more, but it included 3 Ferraris. The exhaust sound is like music. There are more direct ways to go other than this coast road so it doesn't seem to get the tourists.

I'm settled now in the outskirts of Nice. It's nice not having to continually pack and unpack the bags, though I'd gotten that down to a science.

It being Sunday today, I don't expect much to be open except for restaurants, boulangeries, and markets till noon. I haven't been in a town this size in France till now. Maybe something more is. I'll poke around a bit to see.

Yes, there is a helicopter taking off from the roof of this building. I haven't figured out if it was a private or government building.  You have to question the wisdom of using helicopters in such a densely populated area, but voila.

I figured out the busses yesterday. Today I'll figure out the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment